As creating a Microsoft account, the sign-up page asks you to add a different Email Address and a Phone Number as security information to your Microsoft account. The different email address and phone number will be used when you want to change or reset forgotten Microsoft account password or to alert you if Microsoft finds suspicious activity on your account.
It’s a good idea to keep the phone number and different email address linked with your Microsoft account to up-to-date. Then, when you change your phone number or different email address, be sure to change the phone number or different email address linked to your Microsoft account as well.
Changing phone number linked with your Microsoft account
- First of all, head over to this page of Microsoft in a web browser. As always, sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Once you sign-in, you will see the following page with various details about your Microsoft account. Click the Security tab.
- On this page, you should see options to change your password, update security information, and review recent activity. Click the Update Info button.
- Clicking the Update info button will take you to the following page where you need to verify your identity by either selecting your current contact number or secondary email address.
- Type in the verification code. Click the Submit button to verify your identity.
- Upon successfully verifying your identity, you will see this page with security information. To change your Microsoft account phone number, click the Remove link next to your contact number.
- Now, on the same page, click Add security info link.
Select A phone number from the first drop-down box, select your country, enter your phone number which you want to associate with your Microsoft account, and select a method to verify the contact number (text or call).
If you have chosen a text method to verify your number, you will receive a code to your phone. Finally, enter the code received on the phone in the field and then click
After the changes have been reflected, use a PC browser and open Microsoft.com to log into the new Primary Account. You now retain App ownership, phone backups, stored SMS text messages, etc. all under the new email address on the same old Microsoft Account. You can also delete the old email address by following the same steps as given above.
On this Microsoft helpline number +1-844-728-4045, you can seek help from the technicians and can solve your problem in a few seconds.